- About Us
- Get Involved
- Learn About Drug & Device Approval
- Learn About Clinical Trials
- Learn About Treatment Options
- Get Illness/Condition Information
- Ask the FDA
- + About Us
- + Get Involved
- + Learn About Drug & Device Approval
- + Learn About Clinical Trials
- + Learn About Treatment Options
- + Get Illness/Condition Information
- Ask the FDA
Bringing Your Voice to Drug and Device Approval and Safety
Calendar of Public Meetings
- July 10, 2014 - 8:00am to 6:00pm, July 11, 2014 - 8:00am to 6:00pm: Obstetrics and Gynecology Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee
The committee will discuss the safety of laparoscopic power morcellator devices as it pertains to their potential to disseminate and upstage a confined, but undetected (occult) uterine malignancy during laparoscopic hysterectomy or myomectomy.
- July 30, 2014 - 8:00am to 6:00pm, July 31, 2014 - 8:00am to 6:00pm: Gastroenterology and Urology Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee
The committee will discuss, make recommendations, and vote on information regarding the premarket approval application (PMA) for the Ablatherm Integrated Imaging device.
- July 31, 2014 - 8:00am to 5:00pm: Blood Products Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement
The committee will meet to discuss biologics license application for HyQvia, Immune Globulin Infusion 10 percent (human) combined with Recombinant Human Hyaluronidase for the treatment of patients with primary immune deficiency disorders.
- August 1, 2014 - 8:00am to 6:30pm: General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee
The committee will discuss, make recommendations and vote on information regarding the premarket application (PMA) for the TissuGlu Surgical Adhesive device. The proposed indication for use for large flap surgical procedures such as abdominoplasty.
- August 14, 2014 - 8:00am to 4:00pm: Pulmonary-Allergy Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting
The committee will discuss the new drug application for the long-term, once-daily maintenance treatment of bronchospasm associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and for reducing COPD exacerbations
- September 3, 2014 - 8:00am to 5:00pm, September 4, 2014 - 8:00am to 5:00pm: Hemostatic Medical Devices for Trauma Use
This public workshop to obtain information on the current challenges and opportunities related to hemostatic medical devices for use in emergency situations.
- September 10, 2014 - 8:00am to 4:30pm: Public Meeting: 3rd Annual Patient Network Meeting - Under the Microscope, Pediatric Drug Development
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Health and Constituent Affairs (OHCA) is announcing a one day meeting to explore challenges related to pediatric product development.
- September 22, 2014 - 9:00am to 5:00pm: Public Meeting on Patient-Focused Drug Deve lopment for Hemophilia A, Hemophilia B, von Willebrand Disease, and Other Heritable Bleeding Disorders
Th e public meeting is in tended to provide FDA with patients’ perspectives on the impact on daily life of Hemophilia A, Hemophilia B, von Willebrand Disease, and other heritable bleeding disorder.
- September 23, 2014 - 8:00am to 5:30pm: Pediatric Advisory Committee
The Pediatric Advisory Committee will meet to discuss pediatric-focused safety reviews, as mandated by the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act and the Pediatric Research Equity Act.
- September 26, 2014 - 1:00pm to 5:00pm: Public Meeting: Patient-Focused Drug Development for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
The purpose of this Patient-Focused Drug Development meeting is to obtain input on the symptoms and other impacts of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis that matter most to patients.
- October 16, 2014 - 8:00am to 5:00pm: Joint Meeting of the Psychopharmacologic Drugs Advisory Committee and the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee
The committees will discuss the risk of serious neuropsychiatric adverse events with CHANTIX.